In this article
What is the school inclusion program – NDIS?
Empower your child to thrive in their learning environment.
School Inclusion Program – NDIS is tailored therapeutic support provided by our team of highly skilled allied health professionals designed to empower autistic children aged 5–18 within their school or learning environment.
We focus on creating effective strategies and imparting essential skills to help your child thrive in their learning environment, whether they are in an educational setting or at home.
Our Autism Inclusion Practitioners work closely with your child, involving their support team, which may include family members, educational staff, and other professionals.
Our 90-minute support sessions are tailored to meet your child’s specific needs and can be delivered at home or in school.
How can I benefit from the school inclusion program – NDIS?
Our practitioners use a strengths-based, person-centred approach to help improve outcomes for students on the autism spectrum in all types of educational settings.
You and your child will be supported with personalised learning resources, individualised programming, attendance in meetings and home programs to help your child apply their skills to their daily activities and routine.
Our Autism Inclusion Practitioners can assist with:
• Emotional regulation and coping strategies
• Executive functioning: organisational and independence skills
• Building self-esteem and self-identity
• Developing and maintaining friendships
• Group participation and interaction/play skills
• Self-care skills
• Promoting motivation and engagement in their learning setting
• Understanding the autism spectrum
• Supporting access to the school curriculum
• School transitions (year-level transitions, classroom lesson transitions, transition to high school)
How can I access the service?
Autism SA is accredited and registered as a provider through the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA). This means that you can pay for services at Autism SA with your NDIS funding, or you may pay yourself, through fee for service.Request for service
To learn more please contact us on 1300 288 476 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are an educator you can access our School Inclusion Program (funded by the Department for Education’s Children and Students with Disability (CSWD) grant).