This workshop is designed for professionals who have a sound understanding of autism and want specific, relevant and practical strategies around Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) planning, specifically when supporting an individual on the autism spectrum.
Lead by an Autism SA Behaviour Practitioner, this workshop develops participants’ understanding and skills in identifying the functions of behaviours, modifying the environment, teaching skills, reinforcing and managing behaviours of concern through an interactive, hands-on workshop.
This workshop will cover:
- Positive Behaviour Support frameworks
- Functional behaviour assessments
- Data collection
- Understanding behaviour
- Identifying the function of a particular behaviour
- Planning interventions, and
- Practical, realistic strategies to use in a range of settings.
If you are attending an Autism SA face to face workshop as part of your work or duties, you will be obliged by the SA Government Direction to provide proof of vaccination (or exemption) when you arrive at our premises.
To ensure we prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and answer the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.