OSHC staff – take this opportunity to absorb practical and effective tools from this session which is packed with tips that will take your understanding of autism support to the next level, and transform your ability to support people on the spectrum in a meaningful and positive way.
The session will present a range of practical ideas and tools with a focus on how to support the development of positive interactions with others and create inclusive environments.
The topics covered include:
- Understanding the autism spectrum
- Successful environments, rules, and routines
- Effective communication
- Supporting peer relations and inclusion
- Behaviour management strategies
- How to support regulating
- Sensory strategies including breaks and chill out spaces
- ‘In the moment’ strategies
If you are attending an Autism SA face to face workshop as part of your work or duties, you will be obliged by the SA Government Direction to provide proof of vaccination (or exemption) when you arrive at our premises.
To ensure we prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and answer the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Have you returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you returned from interstate in the past 14 days?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.