This workshop is specifically designed for parents who have a child currently attending high school or starting high school.
Topics covered in this workshop:
- What to expect
- Who to talk to at high school
- What support your child might be eligible to access at school
- Preparing your child for the transition from primary to high school
- Bullying prevention and strategies
- Creating and implementing systems to support academic expectations – learning new routines, use of organisational folders, assignment breakdown, and recording homework
- Management of School related stress and anxiety
- What to do if things are not going well, and
- Post school pathways – transition from school to tertiary study/employment/other e.g Day Options.
If this workshop is full, please contact Emma Bennett on email@example.com.
General Workshops are designed to give participants an introduction to understanding the autism spectrum and provides workshop participants with the knowledge of key strategies to support individuals in a range of settings.
In Focus Workshops are designed for participants who have a good, current understanding of autism and are looking for a more in-depth understanding relating to a particular area of the autism field. This greater knowledge in turn provides greater confidence in applying strategies to support individuals in this area. It is recommended that participants attend an Autism SA General Workshop prior to attending an In-Focus Workshop or Masterclass unless they have a good, current understanding of autism.
Masterclass Workshops are based on the concept that there is always more to learn. Masterclasses are short intensive workshops that are designed to provide participants who already have a sound current understanding of autism, with specific and extended content relating to a particular topic, strategy or program.
For all NDIS funding, workshops will be included under:
Support item: 15_038_0117_1_3 (Training for carers/parents) $63.21 per hour
When paying invoices please include booking/invoice number.
To ensure we prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and complete a form that will ask the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Have you returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you returned from interstate in the past 14 days?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.