Would you like a better understanding of what autism is, and some effective strategies that can be implemented in environments where a young autistic person engages? This workshop has been developed specifically for people who work in Preschools, Kindys, Child Care Centres, Community Centres, specialised Early Childhood settings or the like, to build or increase your knowledge and understanding of autism in the early years. Topics covered in this workshop include:
- The early indicators of autism
- The diagnostic process in SA, and what services and supports are available
- Setting up accessible and inclusive environments
- Supporting successful transitions
- Approaches to developing new skills
- Positive behaviour support strategies
- Identifying and supporting sensory needs.
If you are attending an Autism SA face to face workshop as part of your work or duties, you will be obliged by the SA Government Direction to provide proof of vaccination (or exemption) when you arrive at our premises.
To ensure we prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and answer the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.