Teachers, support staff and leadership alike will benefit from this great opportunity to attend practical training, either as an individual or as a team. Take this time to learn ways that will accelerate your student’s success. Maximise your time by attending a training that will give you the why but more importantly the how.
During this workshop, the topics explored include:
- Understanding autism
- Identifying an individuals’ Learner Profile and how to match and apply strategies based on the profile
- Organisation and self-management strategies
- Effective communication
- Supporting social interaction and social conflict
- Positive behaviour strategies
- Understanding sensory processing and the impact on the student
If you are attending an Autism SA face to face workshop as part of your work or duties, you will be obliged by the SA Government Direction to provide proof of vaccination (or exemption) when you arrive at our premises.
To ensure we prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and answer the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Have you returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you returned from interstate in the past 14 days?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.