Statistics tell us that there are approximately four times more males than females with autism. Females on the spectrum can present differently to their male peers. What are the implications of this and what do we need to do to support females on the spectrum? Come to this session to find out! We will cover:
- Differences in the diagnostic pathways
- Masking/camouflaging and how this impacts
- Helping females on the spectrum gain a better understanding of their diagnosis
If you are attending an Autism SA face to face workshop as part of your work or duties, you will be obliged by the SA Government Direction to provide proof of vaccination (or exemption) when you arrive at our premises.
To ensure we prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and answer the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Have you returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you returned from interstate in the past 14 days?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.
For all NDIS funding, workshops will be included under:
Support item: 15_038_0117_1_3 (Training for carers/parents) $65.09 per hour.
When paying invoices please include booking/invoice number.