This workshop is for parents, family members or carers who have a loved one that experiences anxiety. High levels of anxiety can prevent an individual from experiencing successful community participation and may impact on their independence. This workshop will cover the following topics, and support families and carers to understand how to reduce anxiety when it is present:
- The importance of identifying the signs of anxiety
- The five different levels of anxiety
- How to support an individual at each level of anxiety
- How to support individuals in self-identifying their levels of anxiety
- Effective strategies that can assist with reducing anxiety and reducing the impact of anxiety on their day
NDIS funding can be used for this workshop. For all NDIS funding, workshops will be included under:
Support item: 15_038_0117_1_3 (Training for carers/parents) $65.09 per hour.
When paying invoices please include booking/invoice number.
If you are attending an Autism SA face to face workshop as part of your work or duties, you will be obliged by the SA Government Direction to provide proof of vaccination (or exemption) when you arrive at our premises.
To ensure we prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and answer the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.