Our social and emotional worlds are complex, but, as they underpin much of what we do in our daily life (buying a new Lego set, asking for help, going to a job interview or calming down after an upset), it is well worth building knowledge and skills in these areas. This session will look at:
- Learning about emotions one’s own emotions and other people’s emotions
- How do emotions impact on us daily
- Why social awareness is useful
- Building social skills
- Evidence informed tools that can support in the above areas
If you are attending an Autism SA face to face workshop as part of your work or duties, you will be obliged by the SA Government Direction to provide proof of vaccination (or exemption) when you arrive at our premises.
To ensure we prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) in our community and reduce the risk of exposure to our clients, our staff and visitors, when you arrive you will be asked to examine your own health and answer the following questions:
- Have you been in close contact with a person with a confirmed case of COVID-19 (or suspected, awaiting a test outcome) coronavirus?
- Have you returned from overseas in the past 14 days?
- Have you returned from interstate in the past 14 days?
- Are you feeling sick with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or fatigue?
- Have you been instructed by a healthcare professional to get tested for COVID-19?
Please note that if you are unwell or at risk of COVID-19, you will not be able to attend the face-to-face workshop at that time. Our team will work with you to find an alternative solution.
NDIS funding can be used to access this workshop. For all NDIS funding, workshops will be included under:
Support item: 15_038_0117_1_3 (Training for carers/parents) $65.09 per hour.
When paying invoices please include booking/invoice number.